Okay, so I have reached a point in my back to school prep that I only have a few things left to do. I have supplies, lunches and after school activities covered, but I still need to go shopping for Judah’s Fall wardrobe and figure out some easy snacks for when he comes home. He usually gets a banana or some crackers as his afternoon snack, but I’m pretty sure that coming home from a long day of school (with no nap!) is going to leave him more than just a little hungry. I don’t want him to veg out on sweets or heavy stuff, and I doubt a few grapes are going to cut it so I have decided to test out a fun and super easy fruit salad that I can keep stocked for my hungry little monster. If fruit cups aren’t your thing, then keep reading on because my fellow #12Bloggers are dishing up even more fabulous and easy back to school snacks!
Easy Cinnamon Fruit Cup
I adore fruit salads, and this one has just a hint of cinnamon and vanilla which are the perfect flavors to usher in the upcoming Fall season. This recipe makes around 4 servings, and (in my totally NON expert opinion) can keep in the fridge for around 3 days. So here is what you need:
- 3 large apples
- package of strawberries
- package of blueberries
- 2 kiwi
- vanilla extract
- whole wheat pita bread
- cookie cutters in fun shapes
The first thing you want to do is make your cinnamon crisps out of pita bread. These aren’t really a necessity, but they are really tasty and a whole lot better for my kids than Teddy Grahams! To make them preheat your oven to 400 degrees and cut out as many as you want with small cookie cutters. Sprinkle them with some cinnamon and a touch of sugar, pop them in the oven for 8-9 minutes and take them out to cool.
While they are cooling, cut up all your fruit, add a tablespoon each of cinnamon and vanilla extract (more or less to taste) and mix it up thoroughly.
Now grab your apples, hollow them out using a spoon, and add a heaping amount of fruit mixture. Top with a few pita chips and you are finished!
If that wasn’t easy then I don’t know what is! This dessert is great for personalizing too – you can easily swap out any fruit you want and it will still taste amazing! No go ahead and check out the rest of my fellow 12 Bloggers for even MORE great back to school snack recipes!
- Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus from Stephie Cooks
- Pizza & Buffalo Wing Bites from BetsyLife
- Peanut Butter and Banana Yogurt Pops from Home Cooking Memories
- Pita Nachos from A Little Claireification
- Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Muffins from The Rebel Chick
- Easy Cinnamon Fruit Cup from Million Moments
- Loaded Pizza Pinwheels from A Night Owl Blog
- How to Pop Popcorn in a Brown Paper Bag in the Microwave from Bless This Mess Please
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Bites from Mom Endeavors
- Green Smoothie from See Vanessa Craft
- No-Bake Almond Protein Bites from Around My Family Table
- Banana Roll Ups from Plugged In Family
[…] Easy Cinnamon Fruit Cup from Million Moments […]