One of my all time favorite summertime desserts is a classic apple pie. You might call me a pie snob, but I only like it homemade. Which is great, but it takes up my whole afternoon to produce one – I make my crust by hand, roll it, cut it, shape it, cut my apples, mix them with sugar and other ingredients, simmer them , put them in the pie, add in this and that, cut out the top crust, stretch it over, and cook it for an hour. Whew! That isn’t something I want to do very often, so last week I thought up a better way, and since it is the 12th I am sharing it with you for this month’s 12 bloggers challenge! Be sure to read all the way to the end to see what amazing fresh and fruity recipes my fellow bloggers are cooking up as well.
Mini Apple Pie Tarts
Here is what you need:
- 2 pillsbury pie crusts
- 2 green apples, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup of cream cheese ( I like using the whipped version)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- juice of half a lime
- 6 mini tart or pie pans
First roll out your pie crust and cut it into 3-4 inch circles with a pastry cutter and lay them into your tart or pie pans.
Next mix your cream cheese, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sugar together. Drop a heaping spoonful into each of your crusts and spread it out evenly.
Add a layer of green apples on top of that and then sprinkle on a generous amount of brown sugar. Squeeze a bit of lime juice on each one.
Pop everything in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until your crust reaches a nice golden brown. When it is ready take them out, let them cool for a few minutes and serve!
Wasn’t that super easy? And now that your tastebuds are probably ready for some sweet and fruity deliciousness check out my fellow #12bloggers!
- Strawberry Cheesecake Mini Jars from Mom Endeavors
- Mixed Berry Panna Cotta from BetsyLife
- Simple Strawberry Tart from The Rebel Chick
- Minty Strawberry-Lime Icebox Pie from Home Cooking Memories
- Easy Fresh Fruit Tartlets from A Little Claireification
- Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles from A Night Owl Blog
- Healthy Tropical Fruit Smoothie from Bless This Mess Please
- Easy Apple Tarts from Million Moments
- Classic Strawberry Shortcake from Eat Your Heart Out
- Lemon Sorbet from See Vanessa Craft
- Triple Berry Granitas from Around My Family Table
- Blueberry Slush from Plugged In Family
[…] Easy Apple Tarts from Million Moments […]