I am a sucker for easy food, and now that school is in I am ramping up my rotation of simple, time saving dishes for the family. Without a lot of extra time during the days, the last thing I want to do is spend an hour on dinner. What I also don’t want? The same old stuff every week. So, I decided to mix up our favorite homemade pizza recipe and turn it into pinwheels! These are super easy, super delicious, and super easy to clean up after. Here’s what you need:
- 1 Package refrigerated biscuit dough, any brand
- 1 Jar Mezzetta Pizza Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil, chopped
This recipe is insanely easy, and the star of it is the Mezzetta pizza sauce. It is simple but delicious with the perfect fresh flavor, and the quality of ingredients is top notch. They use 100% hand selected plum tomatoes, rely on real farms (rather than factories) and leave out paste, sugar, and all the yucky stuff that don’t belong on ingredient lists. Oh yeah, and guess what? They have a great giveaway going on for a rip to Italy (wow!), so head over here and check it out!
Getting back to the recipe, follow these super easy instructions for a great quick meal. This serves 2, but if you need more it is easily doubled.
- Bunch up your individual biscuit dough and knead it into one big ball. Next, roll it out to form a thin sheet.
- Spread on your pizza sauce, sprinkle on cheese and top with fresh basil.
- Roll your dough tightly all the way up, then cut it up into slices. Spray a little nonstick onto a pie pan, fill it with your pizza rolls, and then pop into the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- When they are done, let cool for a few minutes and serve with marinara sauce.
Easy peasy, right?
Here is a quick video of the process just in case you need it. I love using this recipe as a quick dinner fix, at parties, or any time I need something in a pinch. We don’t do meat, but if you are a carnivore I can see pepperoni being great here!