Ten years ago, when I first became a vegetarian, I ate a lot of pasta. Back then I was nowhere near the foodie I am today, so I didn’t really experiment all that much with creative recipes or original ingredients. I loved eating great food, but I had no idea the rich world of deliciousness that was out there for at least a few years so I stuck with the only thing I knew – pasta. I tried it any and every way I could, and over time I created several “perfect” pasta recipes that I have been using ever since as a regular part of my meal planning. Guess what? I’m sharing one of my absolute favorite with you today! It’s great for family Italian night, and is truly a superbly delicious dish that is perfect for a sophisticated dinner party or an everyday family meal. Check it out below, and don’t forget to enter the giveaway for a chance to win CASH!
I absolutely adore a great red sauce, but this pasta is all about the pumpkin! It is easy to go overboard adding different spices in pasta sauces, but the beauty is really in the base, not the seasoning. I love making sauces from scratch, but being super busy means that I need super easy solutions, so I try to make it as quick as possible. With this sauce, simplicity is key, so it’s perfect for whipping up in a pinch!
This recipe takes less than 30 minutes so you won’t be spending a ton of time in the kitchen. Now, let’s get started! Here is what you need:
- 1 can pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 box (around 4 cups) pasta
- 1/2 cup Progresso bread crumbs
- hand full of fresh sage leaves (more ore less depending on your own preference)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp black pepper (or your own desired amount)
- pinch of salt
The first thing you will want to do is gather all your ingredients as well as a large pot for your noodles and a large sauté pan for your sauce. Set your noodles aside, and then begin your sauce. Here is how:
1. Start by heating up your garlic in a large shallow pan, then add in pumpkin and heavy cream. Stir until mixed well.
2. Chop up your sage leaves and add them to your sauce, simmering on medium heat for 1o minutes while stirring frequently. Start your noodles once you have your sauce mixed and simmering.
3. When you have around 3 minutes left, stir in your parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. The parmesan gives this sauce a great kick of flavor, and I love using bread crumbs to add texture! My go-to brand is always Progresso, because they use great high quality ingredients and I love their flavor!
4. Once sauce has simmered for 10 minutes and thickened up a bit, it’s time to serve! Your pasta should be ready by now, so drain it and then pour your pumpkin sauce in with it. Mix well, plate and serve! The flavor of this sauce is fabulous, and the mixture of pumpkin with sage is one of my favorites!
Want to save a little money? Head over to Publix for all of your ingredients, and you can also save on tons of other great Italian night favorites with the #PublixVivaItaliaSale! Here are the great deals (see store for details, dates may vary):
- $2.00 Off Produce with the purchase of Any Four (4) participating products . Participating products: Hunt’s Tomatoes 14.5 oz., Progresso Bread Crumbs 15 oz., Progresso Beans 19 oz.
- 2.00 Off Publix Fresh Chicken with the purchase of Any Four (4) participating products
Participating products: Progresso Bread Crumbs 15 oz., Progresso Broth 32 oz., Hunt’s Tomatoes 28 oz.
- $1.00 Off Any Five (5) Hunt’s Tomatoes, all varieties, including sauce and organic (14.5 – 15 oz.)
- $1.00 Off Any Five (5) Hunt’s Tomatoes, all varieties including sauce and puree (28 – 29 oz.)
- $0.50 Off Any Six (6) Hunt’s Sauce or Paste (6 – 8 oz.)
Feeling lucky? Enter to WIN below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway