Hey everybody, it’s the 12th again! Do you know what that means? #12Bloggers time! Hooray! Are you wondering why I’m soooo super excited? Because this month’s theme is all about tailgating, and, well, that’s something to cheer for! I am not really a sports fan myself, but I grew up around a ton of them so I am no stranger to the Saturday morning smorgasbord and all day grazefest that is tailgating. I know, you’re probably wondering what a vegetarian does for a tailgating spread, but for me it’s all about the finger foods. The appetizers. The bite sized concoctions that I can pile on my plate by the hand full. My recipe for this month’s theme is about as easy as they come, so get your game face on and get ready to whip up these incredibly simple but delicious Ten Minute Mozzarella Sticks.
Ten Minute Mozzarella Sticks
Here is what you need:
- egg roll wrappers
- mozzarella cheese (block form or fresh)
- marinara sauce
- vegetable oil
- fresh basil
Before you start, fill up a semi-deep pot to about 2 inches full with vegetable oil and turn on medium-high. You want it hot, but not too hot that your oil splashes all over the place when you drop your sticks in. While it is heating, prepare your mozzarella sticks. Cut the mozzarella into 1/2 inch x 3 inch strips. Lay each strip on an egg roll wrapper and then fold into an envelope shape.
Then roll up and secure the end with a little bit of water. Your sticks should look like this:
After that just drop each one in for around 10 seconds and voila! You’re finished. Serve with marinara and fresh basil. I picked some from my garden and it was oh-so-delicious!
These are best served warm, but if you are traveling make sure to pack them in foil to retain some heat. If you can’t keep them warm, don’t worry – they are still yummy either way!
And because it is the 12th, check out my fellow awesome foodie bloggers for the ultimate tailgating menu!
- Buffalo Chicken Twice Baked Potatoes from A Night Owl Blog
- BLT Dip from BetsyLife
- Artichoke Bacon Pinwheels from Home Cooking Memories
- Chicken Parmesan Bites from A Little Claireification
- Deviled Eggs from The Rebel Chick
- Ten Minute Mozzarella Sticks from Million Moments
- Avocado Bruschetta from Bless This Mess Please
- Slow Cooker Apricot BBQ Chicken Wings from Mom Endeavors
- Bacon Ranch Cream Cheese Roll-Ups from Stephie Cooks
- Tailgating Texas Caviar from See Vanessa Craft
- Margarita Lime Baked Chicken Wings from Around My Family Table
- End Zone Cheese Dip from Plugged In Family