Well guys, it’s the 12th, and you know what that means? Twelve bloggers time! This month we are whipping up fabulous 4th of July favorites that are perfect for picnics and potlucks. Are you ready to be inspired? The dish I chose this month is one that I see on buffet tables *all* the time but can’t partake in because they aren’t vegetarian. Well guess what? I decided to say “screw that” and made my own veggie version. I think it is pretty darn good,and I hope you do too, so read on to make your own Barbecue Veggie Sliders With Homestyle Slaw! ::drool::
Easy BBQ Sliders With Slaw
This recipe is similar to my original sweet potato burger recipe, but I have switched out a number of ingredients to give it a zesty new flavor. Here is what you need:
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp bbq sauce
- bread crumbs
First start by cooking your sweet potatoes to soften them up. You can do it any way you like, but I usually peel and cube them, place them in a pie pan with a tablespoon of water and heat them for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Once they are done, combine them with your garbanzo beans and either smash them up with a fork or chop them up with a food processor.
Now add a tablespoon of barbecue sauce ( I use Sweet Baby Ray’s original) and mix well. Toss in your flour to make sure they aren’t too wet and then form into small patties. Cover them in a layer of breadcrumbs and bake for 20 minutes. While they are baking you can make you slaw! Now, I’m from the South so I grew up on mayo filled slaw – since this recipe pays homage to the 4th of July staples I grew up on I am using it here. You can use a vinegar based or mustard slaw for this if you would like, but I have not tested this recipe with those flavors so make at your own risk. Here’s what you need for the slaw:
- 2 cups cabbage mix (bagged – find it in the produce aisle)
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- black pepper
- dash of salt
All you need to do to make the slaw is mix all the ingredients together. Easy, huh? You may want to add more or less of each depending on your taste.
Once your mini burgers are finished cooking, put them on toasted slider buns, add a little bit of barbecue sauce on top and pile high with slaw. And you’re done!
Now that you’ve made these great mini burgers, go ahead and plan out the rest of your 4th of July celebrations with these other awesome recipes from my fellow bloggers. I’m drooling already!
- Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade from Mom Endeavors
- Homemade BBQ Sauce from BetsyLife
- Apricot Crumble In A Jar from The Rebel Chick
- 4th Of July Marshmallow Pinwheels from Home Cooking Memories
- Grilled Corn With Honey Mustard Butter from A Little Claireification
- Grilled Pineapple & Watermelon Fruit Kabobs from A Night Owl Blog
- Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade from Bless This Mess Please
- Veggie BBQ Sliders with Slaw from Million Moments
- Deep Dish Crumb Topped Apple Pie from Eat Your Heart Out
- Mac & Cheese Cups from See Vanessa Craft
- Popsicle Rockets from Around My Family Table
- Caesar Burgers from Plugged In Family
[…] Veggie BBQ Sliders with Slaw from Million Moments […]