St. Patrick’s day is just around the corner, and I know I just shared a super tempting dessert with you but what’s one more in the name of festive fun? By now you know that when I do sweets I do them BIG and decadent, and this yummy recipe for Mint Oreo Leprechaun Bark with dark chocolate, vanilla and cake batter is no exception. Read on to get the details and since it is the 12th see what other amazing green desserts my fellow 12 bloggers have in store for you!
Mint Oreo Leprechaun Bark
These are ridiculously easy. You basically melt a bunch of chocolate, sprinkle in some cookies, and refrigerate. This is a fantastic gifting dessert – you can tie bark pieces in a cute gift bag with a ribbon and your friends will love you for it! Have a favorite teacher? Whip them up some of this yummy bark. And the list goes on. This recipe is super simple so I am just going to dive in and keep it short and sweet. There are a number of ways to do this. I am going to take you through the steps to make a two layer bark, but I will also show you a variation at the end too. Here’s what you need:
- 1 package of dark chocolate chips. I like to use a high quality baking chocolate like Ghirardelli because it is easier to melt and spread.
- 1 package of white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp yellow cake mix from a box
- Mint oreos
- wax or parchment paper
1.- Melt your dark chocolate in a microwave on medium-high power or on your stove. Pour it all out on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread it to form a thin sheet of chocolate and set it in the fridge to cool.
2.- While that is cooling (it won’t take more than 6-7 minutes) take a hand full of Oreos and crush them up.
3.- Melt your white chocolate, add in your cake mix and some sprinkles if you’d like, then get out your hardened chocolate sheet and repeat the previous step. Add a thin layer of crushed oreos on top and pop it back in the fridge for ten minutes.
4.-Cut or break it up and ENJOY!
Wasn’t that so easy? The cake batter and mint combination really make it delicious, and who doesn’t love chocolate?! You could also use a second bag of chocolate for an awesome triple layer bark as well.
And now that you’re drooling all over your keyboard, check out these 11 other fantastically inspired green desserts and drinks. Happy making!
- Leprechaun Coolers by Around My Family Table
- Minty Oreo Leprechaun Bark by Million Moments
- Grasshopper Pie Pizookie by A Night Owl Blog
- Pistachio Gelato by Bless this Mess Please
- Coconut Lime Bars by Eat Your Heart Out
- Mint Chocolate Pudding Parfait by See Vanessa Craft
- Lime Basil Ice Cream Sandwiches by BetsyLife
- Mint Tea Marshmallows by Home Cooking Memories
- Baileys Irish Cream Chocolate Truffles by A Little Clairification
- Saint Patrick’s Day Dipped Strawberries by The Rebel Chick
- Irish Cream Mint Shake by Plugged In Family
- Irish Flag Trifle by Mom Endeavors